Weight Management at MidMichigan
Improve your health. Clear up weight-related medical conditions—high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep issues, mobility challenges, diabetes, aches and pains—and reduce your risk of heart disease and certain cancers. Reclaim the energy you need to enjoy the activities you love. All that’s possible when you choose MidMichigan to help you lose weight, maintain a healthy weight and discover a new perspective on weight and body shape.
Weight Management Tailored for You
At MidMichigan, we recognize you as a unique individual with behaviors, physical activity level, genetic makeup and lifestyle all your own. And that’s why we take a personalized approach to weight management. You benefit from our ability to tailor a program specifically for you—with options to help you succeed and learn to manage your weight for the rest of your life.
Medical Weight Management
Combine exercise with changes in diet to start your lifelong medical weight management
program. You’ll work with our multidisciplinary team—an obesity medicine physician, an exercise physiologist, a registered dietitian and a behavioral specialist. From initial weight loss to lifelong maintenance, our four plans provide you with a proven path to success.
- Quickstart Plan – Our most aggressive plan for safe weight loss; nutritional meal replacements help you reprogram your body to eat smaller portions; meetings with our medical team members every one to two weeks for four months
- Foundations Plan – Lose any amount of weight or maintain your current weight; four-month, medically supervised weight management program; meal options ranging from partial meal replacement to low-calorie or maintenance plans
- Physician-Guided Plan – Get a personalized weight management plan after your evaluation with an obesity medicine physician; includes seven follow-up sessions, physician access between office visits, unlimited support group meetings
Surgical Weight Management (Bariatric Surgery)
When other options have proven unsuccessful, you may be ready to pursue surgical weight management. Learn more about bariatric surgery, discover if you’re a good candidate and explore the range of laparoscopic procedures offered at MidMichigan, including:
Take the Next Step
Register online for a FREE informational bariatric seminar. At the seminar you'll learn the benefits of bariatric surgery, explore your surgical weight manangement options, learn whether you're a good candidate for the surgery and determine if you qualify for insurance coverage. For additional questions about bariatric surgery call
When you partner with MidMichigan for your weight management journey, we’re on board from day one and we’re with you for the rest of your life. In addition to physician support, our registered dietitians help you adjust your meal plans to optimize weight loss and maintenance. You also benefit from:
- Fitness Programs – The latest equipment and certified experts to help you exercise safely
- Nutrition Counseling – Work with a registered dietitian to learn about healthy eating and behavior change for a healthy life
- Wellness Coaching – Achieving optimal health through one-on-one counseling
- Wellness Tools – Wellness tools to help manage and monitor your health
- Support Groups – Lifelong encouragement and support to help you maintain your healthy lifestyle
Discover how MidMichigan’s Weight Management Program helps people just like you.
Always talk to your doctor before beginning any kind of diet or weight loss program.