Inpatient Rehabilitation at MidMichigan Medical Center - Alpena
Welcome to Independence
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit is designed to help you regain your highest level of function and independence. We are dedicated to providing the care necessary to meet your medical, physical, psychological and social needs in an environment that promotes wellness, confidence and independence.
Our program is a "comprehensive inpatient medical rehabilitation program;" a place where those who have suffered a disabling illness or injury will find the opportunity to rebuild their lives.
We encourage you to:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Participate in daily care such as dressing and grooming
- Join in individual and group leisure activities to help you resume normal activities
- Eat meals with other clients in our private dining room
- Participate in individualized, one-on-one therapy sessions
Your Treatment Team
Our interdisciplinary approach to your health care, means everyone on our treatment teams works together to ensure that you receive the best care to maximize your recovery. Your team may include:
- Physiatrist (specialists for rehabilitation)
- Rehabilitation Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech/Language Pathologist
- Discharge Planner/Case Coordinator
- You and Your Family
How to Take Advantage of This Program
To take advantage of what our Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit has to offer, ask your doctor for a referral or call MidMichigan Medical Center - Alpena at (989) 356-7731 for guidance with the admissions process. Patients may be referred from any setting, whether it is their home, a hospital, adult foster care, assisted living, or a skilled nursing facility. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit accepts most major insurance carriers, including Medicare.