RehabCentre: A Place Where Doors Open
When faced with a disabling injury or illness, you need the right team and the right environment to cope with your uncertainties about your future and tackle your physical and emotional challenges. At the RehabCentre at MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot, helping you succeed is our sole focus. Since it began in 1990, the RehabCentre at MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot has helped approximately 5,500 patients to achieve a higher level of independence.
Here you’ll find a diverse team of highly-specialized experts in a safe, attractive, state of the art facility with all the amenities and services you need to feel at home. Our patients also credit the unmatched level of teamwork and camaraderie as a key factor in achieving their independence and regaining their sense of well-being.
Is Inpatient Rehabilitation the Best Choice for You?
- You and your doctor should consider these questions when choosing a rehabilitation option:
- Is the patient medically stable? Can the patient participate in three hours of therapy per day?
- Will a family member or caregiver be involved in the patient’s care?
- Is the patient’s condition expected to improve with intervention?
- Does the patient plan to return home or to a community setting, adult foster care or assisted living following initial rehabilitation care?
- Will insurance cover all or part of the cost?
If you answered “yes” to all or most of these questions, inpatient rehabilitation may be your best option. Read on to learn about the outstanding care available at the RehabCentre at MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot, located in Alma, Michigan.
If you answered “no” to many of the questions above, you may want to consider outpatient therapy, in-home therapy or a skilled nursing facility for your rehabilitation needs.
The MidMichigan Difference
- Located at MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot, for easy access to lab services, diagnostic imaging, emergency care and physician specialists
- Accredited by the Joint Commission
- Skilled and experienced rehabilitation team that includes the patient and family as team members
- More than 80 percent of patients have returned to living at home, a clear indication of the program’s quality
- Stroke specialty program and medical rehabilitation program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- Patient services and amenities create the right environment for rebuilding a sense of independence and well-being.
- Safe, beautiful small-town setting in Alma, Michigan, convenient for family and visitors.
Conditions We Treat
We help patients with these and other conditions:
- Brain injuries
- Cardiac or pulmonary diseases
- Generalized weakness
- Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis
- Multiple trauma
- Neurological conditions
- Neuropathy and myopathy
- Orthopaedic disorders
- Parkinson’s disease
- Spinal cord injuries
Take a virtual tour of our facility and see what our program has to offer.
You also may want to read more about what to expect during your stay.
How to Take Advantage of This Program
To take advantage of all that the RehabCentre has to offer, ask your doctor for a referral or call MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot in Alma at (989) 466-3382 for guidance with the admissions process. Patients may be referred from any setting, whether it is their home, a hospital, adult foster care, assisted living, or a skilled nursing facility. The RehabCentre accepts most major insurance carriers, including Medicare and Priority Health.