Pain Management Clinic at MidMichigan Medical Center – Alpena
The staff of the Pain Management Clinic at MidMichigan Medical Center - Alpena specializes in helping people cope with pain. The clinic is designed to help patients develop new habits, make lifestyle modifications and develop healthy strategies to decrease pain, increase physical activity and improve their overall quality of life. Because chronic pain can affect every aspect of a person’s life, our treatment team focuses on the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of each patient, not just the elimination of their pain.
Our Interdisciplinary Team of Specialists
- An Anesthesiologist/Pain Management Specialist
- A Dietitian
- Physical & Occupational Therapists
- A Psychiatrist
- A Nurse Practitioner
- Specially-trained Nurses
What is chronic pain syndrome?
- Any pain that has been present for longer than six months
- Pain that persists after what is considered to be normal healing time for an injury or illness
What conditions may cause chronic pain?
- Back Injury
- Diabetic nerve pain
Pain Management Clinic Goals
- Decrease pain
- Increase physical activity
- Design appropriate medication usage
- Improve quality of life
- Decrease pain flare-ups