Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT)
Rehabilitation Assists People With Parkinson’s Disease: LSVT Loud and Big
Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT) is a proven rehabilitation method in treating speech disorders in people with Parkinson's Disease. Treatment targets loud, clear speech.
Benefits of LSVT LOUD
- Improved vocal loudness - Speech will become louder, slower and clearer.
- Improved speech intelligibility - Speak more clearly on the phone, in restaurants and other social situations. More facial expression. Improved ability to swallow.
LSVT BIG is an intensive physical and/or occupational therapy exercise program for people with Parkinson’s disease and other neurological conditions. Treatments target whole body movements for activities of daily living.
Benefits of LSVT BIG
- Helps avoid inactivity
- Increases ability to perform daily activities
- Faster walking with bigger steps
- Better balance
- Increased trunk rotation
- Improved quality of life
A Referral for LSVT Includes:
- Baseline assessment of speech and physical status
- Therapy to increase loudness without damaging vocal cords
- Retraining for more normal "Big" body movements
- Evaluation for additional rehabilitation services
To locate an LVST program near you, please contact one of the following program leaders:
LSVT BIG: Samuel Penkala, MSOT, OTRL
Phone (989) 832-4220
Fax (989) 832-4207
LSVT LOUD: Cindy Ruble, SLP
Phone (989) 839-3580
Fax: (989) 839-1704
LSVT LOUD: Glen Laffy, SLP
Phone (989) 802-5167
Fax (989) 802- 5143
LSVT BIG: Jyl Keinath, OTRL
LSVT LOUD: Lynn Sweeny, SLP
Phone (989) 775-1662
Fax (989) 775-1604