MidMichigan's Neuroscience Center
Imagine a place where experts reach invisibly into the brain to cure cancer…pinpoint misbehaving neurons to stop tremors…or perform even the most complex back surgeries with less cutting. Now imagine that place is right in your community.
MidMichigan Medical Center in Midland is a Neuroscience Center of Excellence. This designation signifies advanced capabilities and technology exclusive to the top neuroscience institutions in the nation. Here are just a few of the advanced offerings that distinguish MidMichigan as your Go-To Place for life-changing neuroscience care:
- Expertise - Our team of board-certified experts includes physicians who are fellowship trained in neurology, pediatric neurology, neurosurgery, neuro-oncology, electromyography, cerebrovascular research, stereotactic neurosurgery, complex and reconstructive spine surgery, and peripheral nerve surgery.
- Telestroke program - Our Medical Centers are the place to go for warning signs of stroke when every second counts. All Emergency Departments throughout the system have 24/7 access to collaborate with highly specialized stroke experts from Michigan Medicine.
- Certified Primary Stroke Center - The stroke program at MidMichigan Medical Center – Midland has been certified as a primary stroke center by HFAP, the nation’s original independent accreditation program. This certification confirms through an independent, external evaluation that our stroke program is providing high quality care and patient safety.
- Neuro-hospitalists specialize in the unique needs of patients who are hospitalized with neurological conditions.
- Gamma Knife® Perfexion™ radiosurgery at MidMichigan Medical Center-Midland is a revolutionary device that uses highly targeted radiation to treat brain conditions with submillimeter accuracy.
- Movement Disorders Clinic - in partnership with Michigan Medicine, our clinic specializes in diagnosing and treating patients with conditions such as Parkinson's Disease, Essential Tremor, dystonia and more.
- Advanced Technology - MidMichigan is a leader in investing in the latest imaging technology, ensuring patients and providers get timely and accurate diagnosis and access to safer, less invasive image-guided treatments. For example, 128-slice Computed Tomography (CT) Scanning and 3.0 T Magnetic Resonance Imaging are available at multiple convenient locations throughout our health system.
What We Treat
Family physicians and specialists depend on MidMichigan Health to help diagnose and treat conditions such as: