What to Bring to the Hospital
Packing Ahead for Your Comfort
We want you to feel prepared for your stay with us. Although MidMichigan will provide nightgowns, diapers and basic sanitary items, you may feel more comfortable using your own. We advise packing these items in advance.
- Bathrobe, flat slippers
- Nightgowns (if you choose to wear your own - consider front opening if breast feeding)
- Favorite videos and/or or music for relaxation
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Brush or comb
- One or two support/nursing bras
- Comfortable, loose-fitting clothes to wear home
- We will furnish diapers and shirts while your baby is in the maternity center
- Shirt, gown or sleeper to wear home and, if you desire, a special outfit for the baby’s first picture
- Blankets appropriate for the season
- A safety-approved infant car seat, properly installed in your car*
*Our nursing staff does not perform infant car seat inspections.