Roasted Salmon and Asparagus with Lemon Oil
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 large lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 20 asparagus (10 to 12 oz.), trimmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 – 6 to 8 oz. skin-on salmon fillets (preferably about 1 inch thick)
- Set a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 450°F.
- Finely grate the zest from the lemon, preferably with a rasp-style grater. In a small bowl, combine the zest with 2 Tbs. of the oil. Cut the lemon in half and set aside.
- On one side of a heavy, rimmed baking sheet, toss the asparagus with the remaining 1 Tbs. of the oil, 3/4 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. black pepper.
- Spread asparagus out in one layer.
- Lightly coat the other side of the baking sheet with oil, and place the salmon fillets skin side down on the oiled area. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- Roast until the asparagus are tender and the salmon is cooked to your liking (cut into a fillet with a paring knife to check), 10 to 13 minutes for medium. Keep in mind that the fish will continue to cook a bit more after it comes out of the oven. If the asparagus needs more time to cook, transfer the salmon to a platter, tent it loosely with foil, and return the asparagus to the oven until tender.
- Arrange the salmon and asparagus on a platter and drizzle the lemon oil all over both.
- Squeeze a little juice from a lemon half over the salmon and serve immediately.
(1 Salmon Fillet & 5 Asparagus)
4g Carbohydrate (0 CHO)
2g Dietary fiber
Recipe from: www.finecooking.com/recipes/roasted-salmon-asparagus-lemon-oil