Sweet Potato Pancakes
Yield: 4 Servings; 12 Pancakes
- 6 ounces sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan of boiling water, and cook until tender but still firm about 15 minutes.
- Drain, and immediately immerse in cold water to loosen skins.
- Drain, remove skins, chop, and mash.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Mix mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, milk, and butter in a separate medium bowl.
- Blend sweet potato mixture into the flour mixture to form a batter.
- Preheat a lightly greased griddle over medium-high heat.
- Drop a heaping tablespoonful of the batter mixture onto the prepared griddle, and cook until golden brown, turning once with a spatula when the surface begins to bubble.
Nutrition Information (3 pancakes)
29g Carbohydrate (2 CHO)
2g Dietary fiber
Recipe from: www.allrecipes.com/recipe/louisiana-sweet-potato-pancakes