Carmel Apple Popcorn Balls
- 1 (3.5-ounce) bag plain or butter-flavored microwave popcorn
- 2 cups apple-cinnamon-flavored cereal rings
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- 1 (14-ounce) package caramels, about 48, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 non-toxic wooden craft sticks
- Pop popcorn according to package directions. Carefully open bag and pour 6 cups popcorn into a large bowl; discard unpopped kernels.
- Add cereal and dried apples to bowl with popcorn.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave the caramels, water and butter, uncovered, on HIGH for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes, or until melted and smooth, stirring every minute.
- Mix in the cinnamon then pour over the popcorn mixture; stir until evenly coated. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- With lightly buttered hands, shape mixture into balls around each craft stick.
- Place on lightly buttered wax paper to set and cool.
Nutrition Information (1 popcorn ball)
45g Carbohydrate (3 CHO)
1.6g Dietary fiber
Recipe from: www.mrfood.com/Snacks/Caramel-Apple-Popcorn-Balls