Turkey, Roasted Red Pepper and Basil Panini
- 8 slices of Panini bread
- 8 ounces thinly sliced turkey breast
- 8 tomato slices
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, stem, skin and seeds removed, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
Have four 15-ounce cans and a medium skillet (not nonstick) ready by the stove.
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, Parmesan, basil, lemon juice and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons of the mixture on each slice of bread.
- Divide turkey, tomato slices, and roasted red peppers among 4 slices of bread; top with the remaining bread.
- Heat, 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Place 2 Paninis in the pan. Place the medium skillet on top of the Paninis; then weight it down with the cans. Cook the Paninis until golden on one side, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, flip the Paninis, replace the top skillet and cans, and cook until the second side is golden, about 1 to 3 minutes more.
Repeat with another 1 teaspoon oil and the remaining Paninis.
Nutrition Information (1 panini)
36g Carbohydrate (2 1/2 CHO)
5g Dietary fiber
Recipe from: www.eatingwell.com/recipes/turkey_tomato_panini.html