Chicken Stir-Fry with Vegetables
Total Servings: 6
Serving Size: 1 cup with 3 oz chicken
No oil is used to prepare this extremely tender chicken.
- 3 chicken breasts, halved, boned, and skinned
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 3 Tbsp low-fat, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 small zucchini, cut into strips, unpeeled
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- Flatten each breast of chicken by placing it between two pieces of waxed paper and pounding it with a meat mallet. Pound until the breast is ¼ inch thick. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place chicken in a bowl. Add the egg white and cornstarch or arrowroot powder. Stir thoroughly. Let the chicken sit for 10 minutes and prepare all the vegetables.
- Heat the broth in the wok. Add the chicken and stir-fry until it turns opaque, about 5-6 minutes. Remove the chicken from the wok.
- Add the mushrooms to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini, snow peas, scallions, and soy sauce. Cover the pan and steam for 2 minutes. Add the chicken back to the wok and steam for 1 more minute.
171 Calories, 3 grams fat, 1 gram saturated fat, 5 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 180 mg sodium
From: Diabetic Meals in 30 Minutes – Or Less!, 2nd Edition, Robyn Webb, American Diabetes Association.