- 1 piece whole wheat pre baked pizza crust
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried basil
- 8 ounces grilled chicken breast, chopped
- ½ cup reduced-fat, low-sodium jarred tomato basil pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the grilled chicken, tomato sauce, and onion. Set aside.
- Open the dough package and on a lightly floured surface, roll out to roughly form a 10-inch circle.
- Place the crust on a piece of aluminum foil that has been lightly sprinkled with cornmeal. Using your fingers, pat dough to desired shape and thickness.
- Brush the top of pizza crust with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano and basil.
- Spread the marinara sauce mixture over the top side of the crust.
- Arrange mushrooms on top.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and sprinkle on the mozzarella, covering the top evenly.
- Cook pizza for 18 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 8 servings
Calories: 142 calories
Total fat: 3 gm
Saturated fat: 1.1 gm
Protein: 11 gm
Carbohydrate: 17 gm
Cholesterol: 21 mg
Sodium: 286 mg
*Acquired from Diabetic Lifestyle: http://www.diabeticlifestyle.com/recipes