- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 ¼ cup cornflakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoon grated romano cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 ounces dried multigrain spaghetti
- 1 1/3 cup low sodium tomato basil pasta sauce
- Shaved or grated romano cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. lightly coat a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Using a shallow dish use a fork to beat together egg white and water. In another shallow dish mix cornflakes, cheese, and Italian seasoning. Dip chicken in egg letting excess drip off then coating in cornflake mixture. Place in prepared baking pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Meanwhile boil spaghetti according to the package.
- Heat pasta sauce through in small saucepan.
- Add chicken to top spaghetti and sauce.
Makes 4 servings (1 chicken breast, 1/3 cup spaghetti, and 1/3 cup sauce servings)
Calories: 362 Kcal
Total fat: 6 gm
Saturated fat: 1 gm
Cholesterol: 85 mg
Sodium: 405 mg
Carbohydrate: 34 gm
Protein: 41 gm