Mashed Potatoes with Onions and Cilantro
- 3 cups cubed (about ½ inch) peeled Yukon Gold Potatoes (1 lb)
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- ½ cup skim milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cover potatoes with cold water in large saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and boil for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Use medium skillet to warm canola oil over medium to high heat. Sautee onions for 5 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan and place over very low heat. Add milk, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mash with potato masher.
*Makes 4 servings ( ½ cup servings)
Calories: 148 Kcal
Total fat: 3 gm
Saturated fat: 2 gm
Protein: 3 gm
Carbohydrate: 28 gm
Cholesterol: 8 mg
Fiber: 3 gm
Sodium: 311 mg