Broccoli Bacon Pasta
- 2 cups broccoli
- 6 ounces multigrain penne pasta, uncooked
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 slice bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup asiago cheese, shaved
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Wash vegetables; remove stem from broccoli florets.
- In large saucepan cook pasta in boiling water until tender.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, steam broccoli.
- In another medium saucepan cook onion, bacon, and garlic over medium heat about 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stir occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and add tomatoes, broth, and salt. Cook 2 minutes, stir frequently.
- Add tomato mixture to pasta, toss gently to combine. Garnish with cheese.
Makes 4 servings (1 ¼ cup servings)
Calories: 296 Kcal
Total fat: 7 gm
Saturated fat: 3 gm
Cholesterol: 14 mg
Sodium: 365 mg
Carbohydrate: 39 gm
Protein: 14 gm
*Acquired from Diabetic Living Magazine Winter 2011