Put a Stop to Foot Ulcers Early
Diabetes is the leading cause of limb loss, yet most amputations can be prevented through early intervention and care.
The 3 most important contributors to reducing
amputations in people with diabetes are:
- Regular Clinical Visits
- Proper Shoe Wearing
When to Get Diabetes Education
Diabetes education is a covered annual benefit under Medicare, yet many people don’t take advantage of this benefit. A lot can change in a year, including your medications, nutrition needs and lifestyle.
Schedule a diabetes education appointment:
- At diagnosis.
- Every year, for review.
- When your physical or emotional condition changes.
- During transitions in care such as a new living situation or hospitalization.
Wounds Can't Wait. Take Action!
- Schedule your annual diabetes education appointment today. Call (800) 727-3123.
- Keep up with regular self-foot checks, especially during the pandemic.
- If a wound hasn’t healed in 28 days, don’t wait: seek specialized care. Call MidMichigan’s Wound Treatment Centers at (877) 683-0800.