Facility and Event Cancellations & Closures
Your health and safety is our first concern. To mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we are limiting face-to-face activities unless directly required for patient care. The following locations and events at MidMichigan Health facilities have been cancelled until further notice:
- ALUMNI at Medical Arts Center in West Branch.
- Community Health Education Classes (including childbirth education classes) at all of our facilities.
- Elective surgeries and procedures - We have temporarily stopped performing elective surgeries and procedures. Your provider's office will call you if there is a change in your scheduled appointment. The date when these procedures will be reinstated is being regularly reviewed. We will continue to perform all emergency and urgent procedures and surgeries.
- Laboratory and Imaging Services - Patients are asked to postpone all elective testing including diagnostic imaging, non-invasive cardiovascular testing and lab work that is not deemed an immediate need by your provider. Check with your provider to determine if your test can be postponed. In addition, the following services will be closed until further notice:
- Laboratory Services in the Annex Building at MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot (hospital lab still open
- Laboratory Services at MidMichigan Health Park - Bay (no walkins; appts only)
- Laboratory Services at MidMichigan Health Park - Freeland
- Laboratory Services at MidMichigan Health Park - Harrison
- Laboratory Services at Midland Professional Suites, 555 W. Wackerly Street
- Laboratory Services at Montcalm Health Services in Edmore
- Laboratory Services at Medical Arts Center in West Branch
- Radiology Services (X-Ray) at Midland Professional Suites, 555 W. Wackerly Street
- Radiology Services at MidMichigan Health Park - Bay
- Physician Offices - Many physician offices are taking steps to help patients reduce face-to-face visits while still getting the essential care they need. This may include reducing hours, limiting walk-in services, closing smaller clinics and offering video visits. We recommend calling ahead before visiting any MidMichigan Health physician office to get up to date instructions for your safety.
- All MidMichigan Fitness Centers (including Bay Athletic Club in Alpena) are closed to all community and employee fitness and Phase 3 Cardiac Rehab. They will remain open for Rehabilitation Services and Phase 2 Cardiac Rehab.
- Pre-Op Total Joint Education Classes at all of our facilities.
- Support Groups at all of our facilities.
If you are planning to visit one of our facilities, please call to confirm that your event is still being held.