Facility and Event Cancellations & Closures
Your health and safety is our first concern. To mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we are limiting face-to-face activities unless directly required for patient care. The following locations and events at MidMichigan Health facilities have been cancelled until further notice:
- ALUMNI at Medical Arts Center in West Branch.
- Community Health Education Classes (including childbirth education classes) at all of our facilities. A free online learning alternative is temporarily available (through the end of July) for childbirth education classes.
- Elective surgeries and procedures - We have temporarily stopped performing elective surgeries and procedures. Your provider's office will call you if there is a change in your scheduled appointment. The date when these procedures will be reinstated is being regularly reviewed. We will continue to perform all emergency and urgent procedures and surgeries.
- Laboratory and Imaging Services - With a low inpatient volume and continued decrease of COVID-19 cases in our health system and service area, we are now able to resume all lab and imaging tests that have been ordered by your physician. The Labs at the Medical Centers in Alma, Midland and Mt. Pleasant also offer online scheduling so you can minimize your wait time. Visit www.midmichigan.org/locations to search for a lab or imaging location near you and view updated hours of service.
- Physician Offices and Outpatiet Centers -For the safety of our patients and staff, our physician offices and outpatient centers are taking steps to increase access and help patients receive the essential care they need. This includes adjusting office hours, rigorous cleaning protocols, asking patients to wear masks, implementing social distancing in waiting areas and offering video visits for situations where a physical exam is not required. Everything you have done to flatten the curve means that we are ready and able to care for you, not just for COVID-19, but whenever you need medical attention. Call your primary care provider if you have any questions or concerns about your health.
- All MidMichigan Fitness Centers (including Bay Athletic Club in Alpena) are closed to all community and employee fitness and Phase 3 Cardiac Rehab. They will remain open for Rehabilitation Services and Phase 2 Cardiac Rehab.
- Pre-Op Total Joint Education Classes at all of our facilities.
- Support Groups at all of our facilities.
If you are planning to visit one of our facilities, please call to confirm that your event is still being held.