Genetic Counseling Team
MidMichigan Health's Genetic Counseling services are currently being provided through Michigan Medicine Medical Genetics Clinic.
To schedule an appointment, please call (734) 763-2532. The Medical Genetics Clinic is held weekly on Thursday mornings. New patient appointments are typically 1 – 1½ hours. Generally patients are seen within 4-6 weeks, though this may vary depending on physician availability. If you are unable to keep your appointment, it is important that you let us know as soon as possible.
What Happens During Your Visit?
- Review of your family and medical history information
- Risk assessment
- Physical examination, if indicated
- Explanation of genetic condition(s) and patterns of inheritance
- Discussion of management, treatment, surveillance and testing options
- DNA testing, chromosome analysis or other genetic testing, if indicated
- Provision of information about support groups and other helpful resources
- Consultation with other specialists as needed
- Follow-up care
MidMichigan Health Team Members