Several resources are available for patients and their families in need of financial advice or assistance. The best place to start is by asking your doctor about MidMichigan's dedicated oncology social worker, or call (989) 839-6234.
See our section on Affordable Mammograms for more information about financial assistance for this important screening.
Pardee Cancer Treatment Fund
Provides financial assistance for cancer-related medical expenses.
- Midland and Gladwin County residents: (989) 839-3929
- Bay County residents: (989) 667-2343
- Clare County residents: (989) 802-5225
- Gratiot County residents: (989) 463-9319
- Isabella County residents: (989) 772-6295
Provides assistance for emergencies such as utility shut-off, foreclosure and eviction.Provides access to Medicaid (medical aid for the uninsured). Assistance (usually one-time-only) is based on income, living arrangements and reasons for request.
- Midland County residents: (989) 835-7040
- Bay County residents: (989) 895-2100
- Gladwin County residents: (989) 426-3300
- Clare County residents: (989) 539-4260
- Gratiot County residents: (989) 875-5181
Administers the national system of retirement, survivors and disability insurance; supplemental security income (SSI); and Medicare.
(Formerly Leukemia Society of America, Inc.)
Provides limited financial aid to cancer patients for travel and urgent needs.
Home health services are covered by Medicare and most insurances. For patients who have no coverage or limited coverage, MidMichigan Home Care is often able to use United Way and donor funds to cover services. MidMichigan's hospice program is Medicare- and Medicaid-certified, which means that hospice services are covered by Medicare and Medicaid for qualified patients. For patients who do not have Medicare, Medicaid or other insurance coverage, United Way and donations to MidMichigan Home Care are used.