Bariatric Surgery Program at MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland
MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland offers a comprehensive bariatric surgery program that, together with your commitment, provides the support and resources you need to achieve your weight loss goals and improve or resolve related medical conditions.
The MidMichigan Difference
- MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland is accredited by the Joint Commission. Additionally, MidMichigan Health was named in the top 20 percent of health systems in the nation by Thomson Reuters in 2011. MidMichigan also recieved this award in 2009 and 2010.
- Expert Qualifications - All surgeries are performed by experienced laparoscopic surgeons, including a physician who has completed a fellowship in advanced laparoscopic surgery.
- Dedicated Bariatric Staff and Facilities - The bariatric surgery program has its own surgery support and recovery staff trained to meet the unique needs of bariatric patients. All rooms are private rooms specially equipped for bariatric surgery patients.
- Assistance with Insurance Pre-qualification - Our staff is well-versed in insurance plan requirements and can assist patients with the necessary documentation to qualify for reimbursement. All of your required pre-surgical appointments are available on-site and often can be scheduled co-currently to reduce travel and time away from work.
- The Medical Center also consistently ranks among the nation's top hospitals for clinical excellence and patient safety.
- All of your required pre-surgical appointments are available on-site and often can be scheduled concurrently to reduce travel and time away from work.
- Dietary Support - All patients will consult a registered dietitian prior to surgery with the option for follow-up visits (some fees may apply). These visits help you make the necessary adjustments in your diet to control side effects and achieve optimal weight loss.
- Fitness Programs - MidMichigan has fitness centers conveniently located in Alma and Midland. These fitness centers feature state-of-the art equipment and certified experts who are trained to help you safely introduce exercise into your daily routine after surgery. As an added incentive to make exercise a priority, bariatric surgery patients are eligible for discount fees.
- Ongoing Support - Ongoing moderated support groups (Alma, Gladwin, Midland, Mt. Pleasant) enable you to learn what to expect from others who have been through the surgery and provides the lifelong encouragement you need to make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Attend a Bariatric Surgery Options Seminar - This seminar helps you understand the risks and benefits of bariatric surgery, explore your other options for weight loss, and determine whether you are a good candidate for the surgery and whether you may qualify for insurance coverage. To find a Bariatric Surgery Options seminar near you, please view our schedule of Nutrition and Weight Management classes.