Bariatric Surgery: Weight Loss Surgery in Michigan
With MidMichigan’s Surgical Weight Management Program, qualified patients who have been unsuccessful in the past with traditional weight loss methods find new hope. Research has shown that, with surgical assistance, patients typically lose 60 percent of excess weight in the first year following bariatric surgery. Even better, 90 percent of problems such as diabetes, sleep apnea, high blood pressure and depression are resolved or controlled. Weight loss surgery has the potential to save lives.
If you meet these criteria and have struggled to lose weight, bariatric surgery may be an option for you.
The MidMichigan Difference
MidMichigan Health's bariatric surgery program is part of a comprehensive weight loss program featuring:
- Experienced laparoscopic surgeons who have completed more than 2,100 surgeries, one of whom has completed a fellowship in advanced laparoscopic surgery.
- Surgery support and recovery staff trained to meet the unique needs of bariatric patients.
- All private rooms.
- Specially equipped for bariatric surgery patients.
Assistance with Insurance Pre-qualification
- Staff well-versed in insurance plan requirements.
- Assistance with documentation to qualify for reimbursement.
Outstanding Support to Help You Succeed
- Dietary Support - Registered dietitians help you adjust your diet to optimize weight loss.
- Fitness Programs - Discount fees, state-of-the art equipment and certified experts help you exercise safely after surgery.
- Support Groups - Lifelong encouragement and support to make healthy lifestyle changes.