MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot in Alma offers outpatient care, also known as the Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization Program.
Designed to help people cope with life, these services offer intensive help for an individual with a psychiatric diagnosis who needs a level of care greater than weekly sessions, but does not require the 24-hour supervised care of an inpatient program.
Patient treatment teams include psychiatrists, masters-level therapists, nurse practitioners and registered nurses.
Daily outpatient services can address these and other problems:
- Issues of grief and loss, marriage and relationships, family-of-origin, self-esteem, codependency
- Management of depression, anxiety or anger
- Management of medication
- Relaxation techniques
- Communication and coping skills
- Problem solving
The program offers a safe, structured and supportive environment, with:
- Goals designed for each individual
- Confidentiality carefully guarded
- Licensed, experienced and competent therapists, nurses and psychiatrists
- A daily schedule that includes psychotherapeutic group sessions, psychoeducational sessions, and individual or family therapy, as needed.
- Access to a psychiatrist or psychiatric nurse practitioner for up to one hour each week for consultation or medication review
- Help in coordinating plans that address the patient's life problems
For referral information call (989) 466-3253 or (800) 392-7652.
MidMichigan accepts a range of commercial insurances, including Blue Cross, APS, and ConnectCare, as well as Medicare and Medicaid. To discuss specific insurance acceptance, call (989) 466-3253.