Home Nursing and Therapy Services from MidMichigan
Home nursing care and services for patients in middle Michigan.
If you require home nursing, MidMichigan Home Care can provide care in two ways. Our nurses can come to your home to provide basic care for shifts of two to 24 hours on a private pay basis. Or nurses may come to perform the following specific services, which are sometimes covered by insurance, depending on individual need and homebound status:
- Intravenous therapy – includes administering medications, managing venous access devices and drawing samples for laboratory tests
- Oncology nursing – includes chemotherapy, symptom management, nutritional assessment, and helping patients and families cope
- Cardiac recovery – includes testing and monitoring, exercise supervision, education, registered dietitian services, and preparation for outpatient cardiac recovery program
- Enterostomal therapy – includes wound care and follow-up care for major bladder or intestinal surgery
- Maternal/child care – includes education about caring for newborns and follow-up treatments such as phototherapy for infants with jaundice
- Palliative care – management of symptoms from a disease or acute illness, such as pain, anxiety, nausea, restlessness and shortness of breath
MidMichigan Home Care also offers several in-home rehabilitation services including physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy. Learn more about therapy services.
There are different ways to pay for home nursing services.
- MidMichigan Home Care can bill Medicare, Blue Cross and many other types of insurance. Check your plan to determine coverage.
- Patients and their families can pay for services with private funds, if the services are not covered by their insurance.
- Assistance sometimes is available through charitable funds for expenses not reimbursable through insurance.