Cancer Clinical Trials at MidMichigan Health
Clinical research studies serve to improve cancer treatment and ensure the highest possible level of patient care. Patients involved in research studies play an important role in advancing evidence-based medicine to future patients. There are tremendous advantages for patients having access to nationally sponsored clinical trials closer to home including treatment options that might otherwise not be available to them and by avoiding treatment delays and decreasing lengthy travel times. Patients are eligible to participate in research studies only after specific eligibility criteria have been met.
Current Cancer Clinical Trials at MidMichigan
- Breast Cancer
- ALLIANCE A011203: A Randomized Phase II Trial of Tamoxifen Versus
Z-Endoxifen HCL in Postmenopausal Women with Metastatic Estrogen Receptor Positive, HER2 Negative Breast Cancer
- NSABP B-52: A Randomized Phase III Trial Evaluating Pathologic Complete Response Rates in Patients with Hormone Receptor-Positive, HER2-Positive, Large Operable and Locally Advanced Breast Cancer Treated with Neoadjuvant Therapy of Docetaxel, Carboplatin, Trastuzumab, and Pertuzumab (TCHP) with or Without Estrogen Deprivation
- SWOG S1007: A PHASE III Randomized Clinical Trial of Standard Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy with or without Chemotherapy in Patients with One to Three Positive Nodes, Hormone Receptor-Positive and HER2-Negative Breast Cancer with Recurrence Score of 25 or Less. RxPONDER; A Clinical Trial Rx for Positive Node, Endocrine Responsive Breast Cancer
- SWOG S1207: Phase III Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial Evaluating the Use of Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy +/- One Year of Everolimus in Patients with High-Risk, Hormone Receptor-Positive and HER2/neu Negative Breast Cancer.
e^3 Breast Cancer Study-Evaluating Everolimus with Endocrine Therapy.
- SWOG S1202: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Phase III Study of Duloxetine for Treatment of Aromatase Inhibitor (AI)-Associated Musculoskeletal Symptoms in Women with Early Stage Breast Cancer
- SWOG S1222: Fulvestrant Alone Versus Fulvestrant and Everolimus Versus Fulvestrant, Everolimus and Anastrozole: A Phase III Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial in Postmenopausal Patients with Hormone-Receptor Positive Stage IV Breast Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Lung Cancer