There has never been a better time to quit.
The first steps can be hard, but finding your path to a smoke-free life is easier with the right help. The American Lung Association’s Freedom From Smoking® program is a proven way to quit smoking and stay quit, even if you have tried quitting before.
Cost is $50 for the eight week program, led by American Lung Association trained facilitators. This program features a step-by-step plan for quitting and transitioning to a smoke-free lifestyle. Each session is designed to help smokers gain control over their behavior, and because no single quit smoking plan is effective for all smokers, the program as a variety of evidence-based techniques for individuals to combine into their own plan to quit smoking. We encourage participants to work on the process and problems of quitting, individually and as part of a group.
Is Freedom From Smoking right for you?
- Do I want to quit for myself?
- Is quitting a #1 priority for me?
- Have I tried to quite before?
- Do I believe smoking is hazardous to my health?
- Am I committed to trying to quite even though it may be tough at first?
- Are my family, friends and co-workers willing to help me quit?
- Besides health reasons, do I have other personal reasons for quitting?
- Will I be patient with myself and keep trying if I slip?
Did you answer yes to 4 or more of questions? CONGRATULATIONS!! You are ready to quit smoking. Join us to develop a plan for quitting and living a smoke-free life.