Grow & Grill: Being Berry Safe
Come and join this outdoor event in the beautiful Tolfree Wellness Park under the pavilion. We will grilling out for dinner and creating your own fresh berry salad. Our partners through the MSU Extension will be demonstrating how to make a salad dressing with educational information about food safety and handwashing. We will also have a interactive program talking about water safety.
Attendees will be able to:
- Create their own fresh berry salad
- Pick strawberries from the garden
- Tour the raised gardens, hydroponics unit, worm beds and exercise equipment
- Enjoy the outdoors
Speical educational presentations from:
- Water safety - Kelli Jankens, M.B.A., C.P.S.T., injury prevention manager, trauma services, MidMichigan Health
- Food safety, hand washing – Karen Fifield, extension educator, MSU Extension
A free luck of the draw prize will be awarded at the end of the event and every family will receive a cutting board.
- Pick strawberries from garden
- create your own berry salad
- dried cranberries
- Spring Mix/Lettuce
- hard-boiled eggs
- Slivered almonds
- Fresh off the GRILL:
- grilled chicken
- grilled asparagus
You will learn how to use spices & fresh herbs to flavor meals.