Grow & Grill: Salsa Into Health
Come and join this outdoor event in the beautiful Tolfree Wellness Park under the pavilion. MidMichigan Health's Community Education Department is partnering with MSU Extension to bring you a family-friendly community event in West Branch that includes FREE dinner and prizes.
Attendees will be able to:
- Tour the raised gardens, hydroponics uinit and exercise equipment
- Build a grilled wrap with garden fresh salsa for dinner
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Participate in a raffle with a chance to win a yard game
The event will include:
- A demonstration on how to make garden fresh salsa led by Karen Fifield, food safety educator, MSU Extension
- A presentation by the Cardiac Rehabilitation Department on the Mediterranean diet and benefits of exercise
- A presentation on good vs. bad fats by Well Within Reach Nutritionist Dr. Lisa James, D.P.T., M.D.T.
Each family will receive a meat thermometer, cutting board, and a jar of fresh salsa.