Physical Therapy: A Safer Alternative to Opioids
Pain is one of the most common reasons people seek health care. Research shows that early access to physical therapy can prevent pain from becoming chronic pain.
Most people who come to physical therapy come because they are in pain and not moving well. A physical therapist can work closely with a patient to improve their mobility and reduce their pain.
Please join MidMichigan Medical Center - West Branch, Rehabilitation Services, Physical Therapists as they discuss:
- Combating the opioid epidemic
- How physical therapy can help
- Physical therapy strategies for pain relief
- Asking your doctor about physical therapy when prescribed an opioid
- Seeing physical therapy first