Irish with a Lot of Heart
Clare, the city and county, is a quiet, peaceful community with Irish heritage. It’s both a welcome retreat and home. All year long the city is known as the “Gateway to the North.” It’s a place where adventure and relaxation meet.
Join in the celebration of Irish food and fun during Clare’s annual Irish festival each March. Explore the Tittabawassee State Forest and the more than 80 inland lakes. View handmade goods and taste homemade delights made by the large Amish community. Enjoy the strong sense of community with the county population of 28,500.
Light industry and tourism form the business base. Both primary and secondary schools offer the closeness and support that only a small community can provide. Mid Michigan Community College in Harrison is just north of the city. Central Michigan University is just 15 minutes south of Clare in Mount Pleasant.
Primary and Secondary Education
- Alma College, Alma, 33 minutes
- Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, 20 minutes
- Davenport University, Midland, 34 minutes
- Delta College, Bay City-Midland-Saginaw, 32 minutes
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, 1 hour 17 minutes
- Mid Michigan Community College, Harrison, 13 minutes
- Northwood University, Midland, 34 minutes
- Saginaw Valley State University, Saginaw, 51 minutes
Places of Worship
Cities of Interest