Early Immersion Summer Program
In the Early Immersion Summer Program, students will have the opportunity be mentored by and interact with multiple physicians at our clinical campus. Students will be regarded as part of a team and will work directly with physicians/residents and students. They will experience the duties that physicians perform on a daily basis. Students will also attend a series of professional development sessions, noon conferences and receive valuable career development information. Meals and housing options will be provided.
This opportunity is first-come, first-serve, and is open to all CHM Block I students in good academic standing. Applications will be available April 1, 2014.
WHO: CHM Block I medical students seeking shadowing experiences during summer break
WHAT: 2 week experiences in a specialty offered at the Midland Regional Campus
- Get acquainted with our primary care specialties and/or subspecialties
- Become acquainted with preceptors in a specialty of your choice
- Experience the Midland Regional Campus
- Meet medical students and residents
- Meet the Community Assistant Dean and the Clerkship Directors
WHEN: Summer break
WHERE: Specialties offered at two MMH locations: