Hospice Patients To Benefit from Butterflies in the Park Event
MidMichigan Home Care will host its annual outdoor event giving community members an opportunity to remember or honor loved ones who have had a special and positive impact on their lives.
Butterflies in the Park is a time-honored tradition that has been meaningful for donors and patients alike. Held under the auspices of MidMichigan Health Foundation in parks across the region, individuals gather to reflect upon their loved ones and enjoy a beautifully symbolic, live butterfly release. The event will include a brief commemoration presentation with musical selections and will be held on Sunday, Aug. 1, at 1 p.m. at the following locations throughout the region:
- Clare – Emerald Isle Recreation Complex, Butterfly Garden, 303 Pinecrest Street, Clare
- Gladwin – Stone Cottage Gardens, 3740 Willford Road, Gladwin
- Gratiot – Wright Park , Tracy Band Shell, 520 Park Avenue, Alma
- Midland, Stratford Woods Park, 3922 E. Ashman, Midland
- Mt. Pleasant – Woodland Hospice House, 2597 S. Meridian Road, Mt. Pleasant
- West Branch – Tolfree Wellness Park, 2463 S. M-30, West Branch
In addition to paying tribute to family and friends held dear, the funds raised at the event will support those patients in need of home care and hospice services, medication and medical supplies. Each $25 donation releases a butterfly in memory or honor of your loved one.
Contributions may be made online at www.midmichigan.org/butterflies. Those interested in more information or to make a donation by phone may call the MidMichigan Health Foundation at (989) 839-3342.