Home Care and Hospice Patients Benefiting from Butterflies in the Park Event
Imagine a summer afternoon witnessing the delicate flight of numerous colorful butterflies filling the air. MidMichigan Home Care is hosting Butterflies in the Park, an event held under the auspices of the MidMichigan Health Foundation that includes a live butterfly release and special commemoration presentation in honor and in memory of loved ones. The program will be held on Sunday, Aug. 4, at 1 p.m. at the following locations throughout the region:
- Clare – Shamrock Park, 221 Wilcox Parkway, Clare
- Gladwin – Riverwalk Place, 777 W. Cedar Avenue, Gladwin
- Gratiot – Pine River Park, West Picnic Shelter, 620 S. Lincoln, Alma
- Midland, Stratford Woods Park, 3922 E. Ashman, Midland
- Mt. Pleasant – Woodland Hospice House, 2597 S. Meridian Road, Mt. Pleasant
- West Branch – Tolfree Wellness Park, 2463 S. M-30, West Branch
Butterflies in the Park is an opportunity to remember and celebrate those who have lived their lives in ways that have had a positive effect on their friends and loved ones. The event will include a brief program and musical selections. Names of those being remembered and honored will be read during the butterfly release.
A donation of $25 releases an individual butterfly. Proceeds benefit patients in need of home care and hospice services, medication and medical supplies.
Contributions may be made online at www.midmichigan.org/butterflies. Those interested in more information or to make a donation by phone may call the MidMichigan Health Foundation at (989) 839-1932.