Improved MyMidMichigan Patient Portal Launching May 12
MidMichigan Health’s patient portal, MyMidMichigan, will have a new, cleaner look with streamlined navigation and a Quick Links sidebar, making it easier for patients to find the information they want most. Patients may also download the MyChart app to access MyMidMichigan on a mobile device.
Beginning May 12, patients who use the MyMidMichigan portal at any of MidMichigan Health’s locations will notice a new, cleaner look making it easier to find the content they want most. New features include:
- New Mobile App – Patients may upgrade to MyChart Mobile 6.0 to access After Visit Summaries (AVS), goal tracking, their care team and a notification center.
- Better After-Visit Summaries – Shorter, easier-to-read summaries place recent medication changes and instructions up front. There is also a removable copy of the patient’s complete medication list and instructions, for easy reference when taking medications.
- Mammogram Appointments – Online self-scheduling is now available for routine screening mammograms.
- Expanded eCheck-In – Patients may save time at appointments by confirming their information and completing questionnaires ahead of time.
- Advanced Directives – Patients who provide a copy of their Advance Medical Directives to MidMichigan Health may use the portal to view those documents and to access resources for help with care planning.
- Link Your Fitness Devices – The patient’s doctor can assign a special flowsheet enabling them to sync their FitBit or Nokia devices, if they need to report health data such as blood pressure or blood sugar.
- MyMidMichigan + Happy Together – Patients may view their information from all Epic organizations where they’ve received care in a single view.
- Share Everywhere – Patients may grant one-time, limited access for other providers to view their information, such as when they need health care while traveling.
The MyMidMichigan portal upgrade is part of a larger project to upgrade MidMichigan’s electronic medical record to a newer version of Epic software, version 2017. This version includes many new features and improvements that will make it easier for providers and staff to complete clinical tasks and communicate well with patients. The upgrade will happen after midnight on Saturday, May 12 at all participating MidMichigan Health locations and is not expected to impact normal operations.