MidMichigan Health traces its history back to 1984 with an affiliation between what was then Midland Hospital Center and Clare Osteopathic Hospital. Since then, MidMichigan has grown into a regional health system including 11 subsidiaries providing a wide range of health care services to communities throughout Michigan.
MidMichigan’s commitment to excellence is part of our tradition – stretching back for more than 50 years for both the Medical Center in Midland and the Visiting Nurse Association (now MidMichigan Home Care).
The Medical Center’s history was chronicled in 1994 by Midland author Dorothy Langdon Yates in the book A Journey of Caring. The book is available in local libraries.
The Visiting Nurse Association began in 1941 in the basement of the Midland County Courthouse. It became a MidMichigan affiliate in 1984. Visiting nurses have a long tradition of providing non-profit, home health care, stretching back more than a century.