Facts & Figures
MidMichigan Health is a partnership of health providers, services and facilities in the heart of Michigan. It is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization. All excess revenues go back into providing care, upgrading services, fairly compensating employees and creating a supportive work environment.
MidMichigan Health acts as a parent organization to 15 subsidiaries and has various joint ventures and management contracts.
During fiscal year 2013, MidMichigan Health provided $74 million in charity care, community benefit and community-building services to the more than 700,000 people in our 14-county region.
MidMichigan also contributes significantly to the health of our local economies. As the second-largest employer in Midland County and the largest employer in Clare, Gratiot and Gladwin Counties, MidMichigan employs more than 4,300 people who, combined, earn more than $100 million in annual wages and benefits. In addition, we purchase more than $15 million in goods and services from local businesses.
System-wide, MidMichigan has:
- More than 4,900 employees, volunteers and physicians
- 500 physicians and advanced practice providers
- More than 1,250 volunteers
- Annual gross revenues approximately $1.1 billion
- Assets valued at more than $590 million
- 402 hospital beds at four medical centers
- 185 licensed nursing home beds
- 20 licensed assisted living beds
A hallmark of MidMichigan Health is the quality of its medical facilities and campuses, which have been enhanced by the generosity of local foundations and donors.
Learn more about MidMichigan affiliates