An off-leash dog park is an outdoor space, typically fenced, where people and their dogs can play together. These parks offer dogs off-leash play areas where their owners can enjoy a park-like setting and the chance to socialize with other canines and their owners. Dog parks are being established all over the country and offer a wealth of benefits to dogs, dog owners and the community as a whole. Pat’s Pooch Park is more than just a place for dogs to run and roam.
Benefits of a dog park are:
- Provides opportunities for dogs to exercise and socialize safely
- Promotes responsible dog ownership
- Provides an outlet for dog owners to socialize
- Makes for a better community by promoting public health and safety
The park will include:
- A 5’ fenced off-leash dog area, divided into: one area for large dogs and one area for small dogs
- An open sheltered area
- Agility equipment
- Water fountains
- Shaded areas
- Access to the Tolfree Trails
To build Pat’s Pooch Park, we need to raise $50,000 during our “Dog Talk” Campaign. We are hoping you will consider a gift to “Dog Talk”, to create a space for our special friends!
Many commemorative opportunities are available for recognition in Pat’s Pooch Park.