Volunteer Opportunities at MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland
MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland is widely known for its compassion and quality of patient care services. Medical Center volunteers provide an extra special touch that enhances the patient experience.
A minimum commitment of three (3) shifts per month in the service are of your choice is required; although volunteers may offer as many shifts as their schedules allow. A volunteer must commit to actively volunteer for a minimum total of six (6) months per calendar year.
Fundraising Service -
- Gift Shop Service: Volunteers provide service in the Medical Center Gift Shop.
- Popcorn Service: Volunteers make and sell delicious popcorn. Volunteers also may to choose to transport popcorn in a special wagon throughout the Medical Center.
Reception Service -
- Hospital Entrance Reception Service: Volunteers provide a welcome service at the Medical Center’s main entrance. Additional services include directing customers, relaying messages and sorting mail.
- Guest and Patient Service: Volunteers provide customers a way-finding and escort service throughout the Medical Center.
- Medical Offices Reception Service: Volunteers provide a welcome service at the Medical Offices-Midland entrance. Additional services include directing customers, relaying messages and sorting mail.
- Surgical Lounge Service: Volunteers greet patients and families to a Surgical Lounge Waiting Area. They also offer support to families throughout their stay in the lounge.
- Riecker Surgery Center Reception Service: Volunteers greet patients and families as they arrive for surgery. They also offer support to families throughout the surgical experience.
Patient Service -
- Ambassador Service: Volunteers provide support to newly admitted patients by answering general questions, identifying special needs and reporting patient concerns. They also offer family members coupons for a complimentary beverage.
- Infusion Center Service: Volunteers provide direct assistance to outpatients and their families in a variety of ways to supplement personalized care such as nutritional foods and beverages, warm blankets, etc.
- Mental Health Service: Volunteers lead patients in bingo games and offer refreshments.
- Patient Support Service: Volunteers assist with a dining service by assisting patients with meal ordering, delivering and retrieving meal trays, and offering friendly conversation.
- Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Service: Volunteers register patients, collect fees and perform clerical tasks such as filing, computer data entry and record keeping.
- Riecker Surgery Center Patient Service: Volunteers assist by making beds, stocking linen and supplies, and discharging patients using wheelchairs.
- Cosmic Canine Cure Service: Volunteers, along with their dog companions, provide patient visitation. Dogs and volunteer handlers must have obtained membership in a recognized pet therapy program.
- Student Volunteer Service*: Volunteers between the ages of 14 and 18 and attending high school (9-12 grades) provide assistance after school. Duties include assisting patients with meal ordering, delivering and retrieving meal trays, and providing patient transportation services. Volunteers also deliver newspapers and flowers to patients.
Health & Fitness Service -
- Fitness Center Service: Volunteers answer questions regarding membership and registration and perform clerical tasks.
- Pre-Admissions Service: Volunteers answer telephones to verify patient surgical arrival times and assist with clerical tasks.
Apply for a Volunteer Opportunity
*If you are currently a high school student and looking for a volunteer position do not fill out the online application, please Contact Us and state that you are a high school student looking for a volunteer opportunity.