Volunteer Opportunities at MidMichigan Medical Center - Gladwin
"If the hospital needs us, we will be there!"
With this motto as its inspiration, the MidMichigan Medical Center - Gladwin Volunteers have "been there" for 48 years. It presently has a membership of more than 80 individuals. The Volunteers are truly a part of the health care team at the Medical Center.
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities, with typical time commitments ranging from a few hours per month to several days per week. A minimum commitment of one (1) shift per month in the service area of your choice is required; although volunteers may offer as many shifts as their scheudles allow. A volunteer must commit to actively volunteer for a minimum total of thirty-six (36) hours per calendar year.
If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, please apply for a volunteer opportunity. We'll work with you to find a volunteer service that fits both your interest and schedule. If you have further questions, please Contact Us.
Volunteer activities include:
- Patient Ambassador - An Ambassador Volunteer acts as a liaison between patients and staff. Volunteers provide support to admitted patients, infusion services, emergency service and reception areas. Volunteers make rounds identifying special needs and report patient concerns, offering refreshments, reading material, games or warm blankets to patients and visitors, as well as friendly conversation.
- Fundraising - Volunteers organize general fundraising events throughout the year such as golf tournaments, rummage, book, uniform and candy sales, among others to help support the Medical Center and Volunteer Organization.
- Gift Shop - Volunteers raise funds through their service by working in the Medical Center Gift Shop. Money raised at the Gift Shop goes back to the Medical Center to continue purchases for improved or up-to-date medical equipment and for other costs that improve patient care and comfort. In the Gift Shop, volunteers greet, wait on and check out customers.
- Office/Clerical Assistance - Alphabetize and file financial counseling papwerwork.
- Reception Desks (Main Entrance & Rehabilitation Services)- Volunteers welcome service and greet patients and their families, visitors. They provide assistance including directing customers, and/or escorts them to needed hospital departments, relaying messages and offering support to those in the waiting areas.