Volunteer Opportunities at MidMichigan Medical Center - Clare
Volunteers are an important part of the health care team at MidMichigan Medical Center - Clare. They make a patient's or visitor's stay as pleasant as possible by providing much needed services and personal assistance.
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities, with typical time commitments ranging from a few hours per month to several days per week. A minimum commitment of one (1) shift per month in the service area of your choice is required; although volunteers may offer as many shifts as their scheudles allow. A volunteer must commit to actively volunteer for a minimum total of thirty-six (36) hours per calendar year.
If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, please apply for a volunteer opportunity. We'll work with you to find a volunteer service that fits both your interest and schedule. If you have further questions, please Contact Us.
Volunteer activities include:
- Emergency Department: Greet and direct patients in finding their way throughout the Medical Center.
- Gift Shop: Sell items to visitors and medical center staff.
- Physical Therapy: Clean equipment, stock supplies, assists secretary.
- Popcorn: Make and sell popcorn.
- Office/Clerical Assistance: Alphabetize and file financial counseling paperwork.
- Outpatient Admitting (front desk): Greet and direct patients in finding their way throughout the Medical Center.
- Outpatient Procedures Department: Assist staff and patients as requested, run medications from pharmacy.
- Nursing Floor: Greet patients and visitors, assist staff.