Volunteer Opportunities at MidMichigan Medical Center-Clare
Volunteers are an important part of the health care team at MidMichigan Medical Center-Clare. They make a patient's or visitor's stay as pleasant as possible by providing much needed services and personal assistance.
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities, with typical time commitments ranging from a few hours per month to several days per week. If you are interested in joining us, please Contact Us. We'll work with you to find a volunteer service that fits both your interest and schedule.
- Ambassador: Volunteers provide support to patients during hospitalization by answering general questions regarding their hospital stay.
- Ancillary: Volunteers can serve in such areas as the Emergency Department, the Medical/Surgical unit, Urgent Care, Pre-Admission and other Medical Center departments.
- Escort: Volunteers assist patients and visitors in finding their way throughout the Medical Center.
- Gift Shop: Volunteers sell gift items to visitors and Medical Center staff. A Gift Cart service is also available.
- Magazine: Volunteers provide a magazine loan service to patients.
- Patient Floors: Volunteers assist on patient floors with a variety of functions.
- Popcorn Committee: Volunteers make and sell popcorn daily.
- Reception Desk: Volunteers sort mail, relay messages and direct visitors to patient rooms and other areas of the Medical Center.
- Transporter: Volunteers transport patients via wheelchairs from one hospital department to another.