Volunteer Opportunities at MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot
MidMichigan Medical Center – Gratiot has over 200 volunteers that assist with patient needs and help enhance the quality of patient care. Medical Center volunteers provide much needed assistance with fundraising efforts, reception services and patient services.
The Medical Center offers a variety of volunteer opportunities. You can choose to be a member of the Auxiliary, the American Red Cross, patient services or all three. A volunteer opportunity that fits your interest and schedule is available.
If you are interested in learning more about the volunteer opportunities at the Medical Center, contact the Volunteer Services Coordinator at (989) 466-7276.
MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot Auxiliary Volunteers
- Gift Shop Service: Volunteers provide service in the Medical Center Gift Shop from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and 6 - 8 p.m. Monday through Friday. Hours vary on the weekends. Located in the main lobby in the tower, the Gift Shop offers a wide variety of flowers and gifts. Flowers can also be ordered by calling (989) 466-7444.
- Popcorn Service: Auxilians make and sell delicious popcorn each day.
- Fundraising: The Medical Center Auxiliary assists with general fundraising events such as book sales, uniform and candy sales, jewelry sales and much more. The funds raised from these events assist the Medical Center in purchasing priority items.
American Red Cross Volunteers
- Main Entrance Reception Services: American Red Cross volunteers provide a welcome service at the Medical Center’s main entrance. Additional services include directing visitors to patient rooms, assisting patients with directions and delivering flowers and mail.
- Surgical Lounge Reception Services: American Red Cross Volunteers greet patient’s families in the Surgical Lounge Waiting Area. They provide support to the families throughout the day, notify them when their loved one is out of surgery and assist them with finding the patient’s room, if necessary.
- Program Specific Services: Hospitality volunteers have the opportunity to assist with program specific activities. These activities can include clerical work, comfort care or patients support services.
- Courtesy Cart Services: Volunteers drive a motorized cart throughout the parking lot of the Medical Center and offer rides to patients and visitors.