Confirm Your College or University
All licensed health care professionals must be graduates of an acceptable medical or professional school. Colleges and universities from which degrees will be accepted by MidMichigan Health are found by following the links below.
Allopathic Physician (M.D.)
Dentist (D.D.S. or D.M.D.)
Nurse Anesthetists (C.R.N.A.)
Nurse Practitioner (N.P.)
Osteopathic Physician (D.O.)
Physician Assistant (P.A.)
Confirm Your Board Certification
All licensed health care professional's must be currently board certified and maintain certification.
For recent residency or fellowship graduates, you must be board certified in your primary specialty within five years from your date of graduation.
Acceptable Boards include, but are not limited to, the following:
- All Boards facilitated by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Royal Colleges of Family Medicine and Physicians and Surgeons – Canada and United Kingdom
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- American Board of professional Psychologists (ABPP)
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Specialty Dental Boards
- Any board that directly correlates to a specified requested privilege as required in order to receive the privilege
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB)
- American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB)
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- The National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA)
- The National Certification Corporation (NCC)
- The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
Confirm that You Hold Current Michigan Licences
You will want to carefully review the requirements to practice in the State of Michigan. Michigan's requirements often differ from other State's requirements.
Review Michigan Licensure by Professional Category
Confirm that You Have Required Certifications for the Type of Privileges that You are Requesting
Based on your scope of practice, clinical privileges such as Moderate (Conscious) Sedation, have mandatory certification requirements.
To request one or more of the clinical privileges, outlined in the Privilege-Specific Certification document below, you must have current certification at the time of application to the medical staff.
Privilege-Specific Certifications Required at MidMichigan Health (PDF)
Confirm Experience Requirements
All applicants are required to submit practice data for the previous 12 months to document current clinical competence for the privileges requested. This information can usually be obtained through your EMR or by contacting your Medical Records or Billing departments.
You must meet the minimum experience criteria at the time of your application, as specified in the Experience Requirements by Specialty document below.
Experience Requirements by Specialty (PDF)