MSU - Medical Student Application Process
MidMichigan Health Elective Clerkships offer visiting medical students an array of clinical rotations that augment their medical knowledge with hands on direct patient care experience. Students become an active member of the medical team while working one-on-one with our faculty. They enjoy direct access to patients and experienced teaching physicians.
Midland Regional Campus is based in Midland, Michigan, home to MidMichigan Medical Center – Midland. Suburban opportunities available at the Medical Center in Midland and MidMichigan Medical Center – Gratiot in Alma. Rural opportunities are available at MidMichigan Medical Center – Clare, MidMichigan Medical Center – Gladwin and MidMichigan Medical Center – West Branch.
Our medical communities provide access to sophisticated, advanced health care facilities comparable to many leading academic centers. In addition, we have safe and affordable lifestyle options with exciting year-round recreation and cultural opportunities. Students have the opportunity to receive one-on-one supervision or team-based learning while working in clinical medicine.
Who May Apply?
Students from Michigan State University College of Human Medicine.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing.
- Have met prerequisites by completing his or her own school's required clerkship in the elective discipline being requested.
- Students must have passed the United States Medial Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1.
- Must have received required immunizations.
- Must be 3rd or 4th year prior to enrollment.
- Must have approval from their medical school to take elective rotations at MSU College of Human Medicine - Midland Regional Campus/MidMichigan Health, and provide us with the required documentation.
- Visiting students must provide proof of medical professional liability in the amount of $1,000,000/$3,000,000.
What is Available?
- Academic year begins July 1st and ends June 30th.
- Applications for next academic year are accepted beginning May 1st.
- Completed applications are due to the Undergraduate Medical Education office absolutely no later than 60 days prior to the started of the requested rotation.
How to Apply?
- Students from Michigan State University College of Human Medicine - may request electives at the Midland Regional Campus through their Director of Student Programs.
- No application fee due.