What is a MyMidMichigan Account?
MyMidMichigan is a secure patient portal that enables you to connect with participating physician offices affiliated with MidMichigan Health. A MyMidMichigan account offers you these benefits:
- Save Time – Pre-fill your information when completing forms and registering for classes.
- Protect Your Privacy – Send secure requests for appointments and prescription renewals to participating physician offices.
- Track Your Requests – Check the status of secure messages, class registrations, appointment requests and prescription renewal requests.
How do I Sign Up?
- Click on Create an Account.
- Fill in the blanks to choose your username, password, security question and answer. Please note: to comply with the security requirements of the HealthCare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), your password must contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one number and one special character. Follow the on-screen instructions for password requirements.
- Enter a valid e-mail address.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click Submit.
- After you login, you may want to click Complete Profile to enter more information that will save you time when completing forms in the future.
How Do I Find My Doctor’s Office Website?
- On the left-hand menu, click Office Websites to view a list of practices that have websites.
- Find your provider’s practice on the list and click on the practice name to link to their website.
- If you are not sure of the practice name, you can click the “View Providers” icon to see names and photos of the providers in each practice.
How Do I Request Appointments or Prescription Renewals?
- Click Appointment Request or Prescription Renewal on the left-hand menu.
- At the bottom of the page is a list of participating providers and practices. Click the "by Provider" tab to search for your provider's name in an alphabetic list. Click the "by Practice" tab to view providers grouped by location. Once you find your provider, click on their name to go to their appointment request or prescription renewal form.
- If your provider’s office is not listed, they are not participating yet. More practices are being added over time. In the meantime, please contact the office by phone.
When Should I Use the MyMidMichigan Portal?
- Use the MyMidMichigan portal for your non-urgent requests, such as routine appointments. MyMidMichigan enables you to submit these requests when it is convenient for you, even if the office is not open. It may take up to two business days to respond to your request.
- If you need a same-day appointment, such as when you are sick, we recommend that you call the office instead of using the portal.
- Do not use the portal for medical emergencies. Instead, dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- Do not use MyMidMichigan for prescription refills. Instead, contact the pharmacy where you got your prescription and use their refill process. Please use the prescription renewal request form only if your pharmacy is unable to refill your prescription or you need to change pharmacies. Please note that in some cases, your provider may need to schedule you for an appointment or testing before renewing your prescription. Do not wait until you are out of medication to request a renewal.
- Most practices accept online requests only from established patients. New patients should call the office and request to become established with the practice before submitting requests via the portal. Some specialists accept appointment requests from both new and established patients. Follow the instructions on each appointment request form to determine whether that office accepts appointment requests from new patients.
How Do I View Messages in My Account?
- When you submit a request or we respond to your request, you will receive a notification e-mail. For your privacy, this e-mail will not contain any sensitive information. Click the link provided in the e-mail to login to your account and view the secure message.
- You may also login to your MyMidMichigan account at any time and click on Inbox. There you will see separate tabs for your Messages, Forms and Calendar events. Click on any item to view the details or to send a reply message.
How do I Add Other Family Members to My Account?
- You can add profiles to your account if you plan to submit requests on behalf of other family members, such as a child, parent, grandparent or spouse.
- To add family members to your account, go to Update Profiles and use the drop-down menu under “Select a user profile to view or add.” Choose a relationship and then fill in the contact information for that family member. Be sure to save your changes before selecting another family member.
- When you fill out an appointment or prescription renewal request, the form will ask you whether your request is for yourself or another person on your account. Select the person who is the patient for that appointment or prescription. All requests submitted from your account will go to your inbox, regardless of which person you selected.
- To give family members their own separate accounts, sign out of your account and then click Create an Account. Have each person follow the instructions above under “How Do I Sign Up?” Each person will need a unique e-mail address for their account.
How Can I Get Help with the MyMidMichigan Portal?
- If you have technical issues, such as logging in, password resets or error messages, you may call our Help Desk at (989) 839-3800. Basic technical support is available by phone 24 hours per day.
- If you have medical questions or questions about requests that you submitted via the portal, please call your provider’s office during their normal business hours. Phone numbers and hours of operation are posted on each practice website or you may look up your provider in our Find a Doctor directory.