The Quickstart Plan is our most aggressive weight management plan. This plan uses nutritionally complete, portion-controlled meal replacements that provide all of the nutrition you require to safely lose weight. Individuals wishing to take part in this plan will be screened by our medical team prior to participation. To qualify, you must have a body mass index (BMI) at or between 27 and 29 and one or more coexisting medical conditions, or a BMI of 30 or higher.
Participants are placed on a very low-calorie meal plan of approximately 600 to 800 calories per day. Restricting calories to this level requires continuous medical supervision, including regular laboratory testing and follow-up appointments with our obesity medicine physician. The average weight loss on the Quickstart Plan is three to five pounds per week.
Together with your weight management team, you will work toward your healthy lifestyle goals while you “reprogram” your body to eat smaller portions. You will also learn the long-term skills needed to maintain a healthy weight. Your initial meal plan will consist of high-protein meal-replacement supplements and low-carbohydrate vegetables. The supplements consist of pre-portioned high-protein bars, shakes, meals and snack items that will help to make your food choices easier during this reprogramming stage.
After you’ve completed the total meal replacement portion of the plan, you will be transitioned through our other meal plan options until you have the confidence and tools that are needed to live a healthy lifestyle. During this transition, you will work to incorporate servings of protein, dairy, carbohydrates and healthy fats back into your meal plan.
Throughout the progam, you will work with an exercise physiologist and a dietitian on your long-term healthy lifestyle plan. Upon completion of the Quickstart Plan, you are encouraged to participate in our Transitions Plan to optimize your overall success.
• Four-month, medically supervised, aggressive weight management plan
• Utilizes high-protein meal-replacement supplements and low-carbohydrate vegetables for nutrition
• Patients experience an average weight loss of three to five pounds per week
• Patients meet every one to two weeks with one or more of the following providers:
• Exercise physiologist (five sessions included)
• Registered dietitian (five sessions included)
• Behavioral specialist (one session included)
• Includes support between provider visits
• Includes unlimited support group meetings
• Requires complete lab panel, baseline electrocardiogram, new-patient medical assessment with an obesity medicine physician and regular follow-up visits while on the total meal replacement portion of the plan