In the Physician-Guided Plan, you will see the obesity medicine physician on eight separate occasions and will work closely with the doctor to determine how to meet your healthy lifestyle goals. The doctor will review your overall medical history and any medications you may be taking, and will assist you in developing an individualized weight management plan based on your specific goals. At each office visit, the doctor will review your progress and provide various weight management materials for you to review prior to your next appointment. Each set of materials will focus on a different aspect of weight management and will help you change the way you think about eating, teach you proper nutrition techniques to nourish your body, and move you toward a healthier, more active lifestyle. Throughout the course of the plan, you may be referred to an exercise physiologist, a registered dietitian or a behavioral specialist as appropriate.
• Medically supervised weight management plan
• Consists of a new-patient medical assessment with an obesity medicine physician and seven follow-up sessions
• Includes physician support between office visits
• Includes weight management reference materials as part of an informational binder
• Includes unlimited support group meetings