Several resources are available for patients and their families in need of financial advice or assistance. The best place to start is by asking your doctor about MidMichigan's dedicated oncology social worker, or call (989) 839-3282.
See our section on Affordable Mammograms for more information about financial assistance for this important screening.
Pardee Cancer Treatment Fund
- Provides financial assistance for cancer-related medical expenses.
Midland and Gladwin County residents: (989) 839-3929
Bay County residents: (989) 894-5332
Clare County residents: (989) 802-5225
Isabella County residents: (989) 772-2524
Midland County Department of Human Resources
- Provides assistance for emergencies such as utility shut-off, foreclosure and eviction.
- Provides access to Medicaid (medical aid for the uninsured).
- Assistance (usually one-time-only) is based on income, living arrangements and reasons for request.
Midland County residents: (989) 835-7040
Bay County residents: (989) 895-2100
Gladwin County residents: (989) 426-3300
Clare County residents: (989) 539-4260
Gratiot County residents: (989) 875-5181
Social Security Administration
- Administers the national system of retirement, survivors and disability insurance; supplemental security income (SSI); and Medicare.
Toll Free (800) 234-5772
H.E.L.P. -- A service of the Red Cross
- Pays health-related expenses, e.g., medication, medical supplies and equipment, for persons with no other resources.
- Does not cover physician, laboratory or hospital bills.
- Financial application is required.
Phone (989) 631-3262
Central Michigan Chapter
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
(Formerly Leukemia Society of America, Inc.)
Midland Community Cancer Services
- Provides limited financial aid to cancer patients for travel and urgent needs.
Phone (989) 835-4841
Home Care and Hospice
Home health services are covered by Medicare and most insurances. For patients who have no coverage or limited coverage, MidMichigan Home Care is often able to use United Way and donor funds to cover services. MidMichigan's hospice program is Medicare- and Medicaid-certified, which means that hospice services are covered by Medicare and Medicaid for qualified patients. For patients who do not have Medicare, Medicaid or other insurance coverage, United Way and donations to MidMichigan Home Care are used.
Phone (989) 633-1400