Sponsorships and Charitable Contributions
MidMichigan Health dedicates a portion of our budget each year to support community organizations promoting health and well being in the communities we serve. To avoid duplication and to respond to requests in a timely, fair and equitable manner, MidMichigan has developed the following criteria for evaluating sponsorship requests.
- Requests must be received a minimum of 60 days prior to the event or activity.
- Priority will be given to organizations that support health and wellness.
- Special consideration will be made for sponsorships aligned with the mission, vision and values of MidMichigan Health.
- Sponsorships and sponsorship amounts will be determined by county, with counties served by MidMichigan Health receiving priority.
- Professional, governmental, religious and other organizations will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
MidMichigan generally will not consider requests for charitable contributions/sponsorships for:
- Programs outside the communities MidMichigan Health serves
- Political campaigns, candidates, parties or partisan activities
- Sectarian, denominational, or religious organizations
- Generally, charitable contributions and sponsorships will not exceed $5,000, unless the sponsorship is for a large event or organization that impacts more than one MidMichigan affiliate or community.
- In most cases, MidMichigan will not make more than one contribution per year to a particular organization or event, unless we are exclusive partners for an event or organization.
- For organizations that do not fit the criteria, or if funds are exhausted, or when smaller donations are appropriate, merchandise with a nominal value may be offered. (The merchandise will include the MidMichigan Health or MidMichigan affiliate logo to promote the brand).
How to Request Funds
MidMichigan considers all requests for charitable contributions or sponsorships on a monthly basis. Requests must be received a minimum of 60 days prior to the event or activity.
Sponsorship requests will be accepted via the online sponsorship request form on MidMichigan Health’s Web site. All applications will be reviewed and prioritized based on the sponsorship criteria and monies available. Organizations will be notified via phone, mail or e-mail if MidMichigan approves their request.