Volunteer Opportunities at MidMichigan Medical Center-Gladwin
"If the hospital needs us, we will be there!"
With this motto as its inspiration, the MidMichigan Medical Center-Gladwin Auxiliary has "been there" for 36 years. It presently has a membership of more than 80 individuals. The Auxiliary is truly a part of the health care team at the Medical Center. Their activities include:
- Ambassador Service - An Ambassador Volunteer acts as a liaison between patients and staff. Volunteers provide support to admitted patients, infusion services, emergency service and reception areas. Volunteers make rounds identifying special needs and report patient concerns, offering refreshments, reading material, games or warm blankets to patients and visitors, as well as friendly conversation.
- Assisting staff and administration - Providing supplemental services to patients, visitors, and the community. Some of the services we provide are operating the gift shop and distributing reading materials to patients.
- Fundraising - Volunteers organize general fundraising events throughout the year such as golf tournaments, rummage, book, uniform and candy sales, among others to help support the Medical Center and Volunteer Organization.
- Gift Shop - Volunteers raise funds through their service by working in the Medical Center Gift Shop. Money raised at the Gift Shop goes back to the Medical Center to continue purchases for improved or up-to-date medical equipment and for other costs that improve patient care and comfort. In the Gift Shop, volunteers greet, wait on and check out customers.
- Promoting goodwill within the community - Volunteers participate in a variety of community health promotion activities, both on and off the Medical Center campus. Some activities include health screenings, health fairs and youth programs.
- Advocating for a stronger, better health care industry - When appropriate, Auxiliary members have lobbied state and federal legislators on health care issues that affect hospitals.
- Increasing public awareness of the role of the volunteer - Auxiliary members continually promote our program within the community.
- Reception Areas - Volunteers welcome service and greet patients and their families, visitors. They provide assistance including directing customers, and/or escorts them to needed hospital departments, relaying messages and offering support to those in the waiting areas.
In addition, the Auxiliary has regular general meetings and educational programs for its members, who keep in contact not only through their work, but also through an auxiliary newsletter. They also maintain membership in the East Central District of Hospital Auxiliaries.
If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, please Contact Us.